Monday, April 27, 2009

Ready...Go...Set!

Welcome to DIVA on the Run. I'm new to the blog-o-sphere. I hope it will be kind to me. Diva is about what it takes to make our dreams come true. A simple recipe to success whether it be getting off the couch and running your first marathon or just making a difference one day at a time in the lives of the people around you. A worthy goal is a valuable pursuit. We all have them and here is where we can share them.

My three year old son used to say, "Ready! Go! Set!" and then run across the house as fast as his little legs would carry him, swinging his arms elbows out, and head down, instinctively cutting the wind resistance. When I get ready to start a new goal and the task seems daunting, like running 13.1 miles for the first time ever, starting a new manuscript, or taking on a new job, I picture that little man tensed and ready to run, eyes aglow with how fun it will be to get to the other side of the room at full speed. I hear his voice very clearly say, "Ready...Go...Set!" That is when I start running, head down, legs pumping and elbows out toward whatever my future holds.

8 comments:

  1. I win. First comment on this virgin blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Kirk beat me to the first posting, but just know that I'm better looking :) Okay, okay, Kirk's a pretty good lookin' guy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, welcome, welcome to Blogland! I'm excited to see you here, read what you have to say, and I also must add - it rocks that I get to be your first follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirk, you win.

    Debbie, you crack me up.

    Tristi, you are my first follower and I love ya for it. I have so enjoyed your blog over the last year that it has been an inspiration.

    ANd look W. Elliot is also a follower. Welcome, Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna:

    You are an inspiration to all! I know when you say something there is no doubt in my mind that you will accomplish it. There are not a lot of people in this world like that anymore and you have my upmost respect. Good luck with your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Argh! I'm late on EVERYTHING!

    I like the pink. Very classy. I just have to take this moment to say that when you get published, I get say that I was the friend who knew you could do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ang. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

    Arlene, you're just fashionable with your timing. You won't have to tell people because they will all read it in the acknowledgements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm latest...as usual :)
    Lovin it. I can totally picture your boy running across the house.

    Ready . . . go . . . set! Woohoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete