Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer Fling

Don't know about the rest of you but my summer flew right by in a dashing swirl of unstoppable events and unavoidable encounters. Some was good and some I hope never to revisit.

What's up with school starting in just 2 weeks. My kids will be back to the grind of homework and early bedtime which means I get to return to the role of taskmaster and I'll soon stop saying,"Yes, have another otter pop." Summer was fun.

With all of the swirling chaos however there was very little time for anything except my work and my family. Writing has retreated into the wee hours of the night or the fleeting minutes of morning. So not as much accomplished in this summer fling as I had anticipated. So here is the test...to moan or to move on.

In true DIVA fashion I am moving on. I have started a new novel and will continue to outline. The fun and crazy set backs in my life will all be fodder for my stories someday so no time has really been wasted. The DIVA message for the day, week, possibly month,(depending on how the pre-back to school weeks go) is "Move on and get over it." Whatever has kept you from reaching your goal is either important enough to be a focus of your life or it isn't. If it is then give it the focus without bemoaning the cause. If it isn't then move on and let go of the things that are holding you back. That's what I am planning to do this week. Let's see how it goes...

2 comments:

  1. I just realized today that I wasn't following your blog. What's up with that?? Oh well, problem solved.

    ReplyDelete